This is a fun low-carb recipe that tastes great. I do not know the carb count but it is obviously a low-carb, gluten-free, healthy dish from http://www.primallyinspired.com. If you are cutting Halloween faces in the peppers, do so before they go in the oven!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon each: dried parsley, dried dill, dried chives, garlic powder, onion powder
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- extra butter for greasing and baking
- 4 peppers, tops cut off and seeds cleaned out
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix your dried spices together.
- Place your chicken breast and sliced onions in a single layer on a greased or parchment paper lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle the entire pan with dried slices. Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place a small pat of butter over each chicken breast.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, melt 1/4 cup butter in a pot over medium low heat. Once melted, add in hot sauce and stir. Set aside.
- Once chicken is cooked, run a knife through the chicken and onions until chicken is in small bite size pieces.
- Combine chicken with the hot sauce mixture.
- Spoon chicken mixture evenly in all 4 peppers.
- Place stuffed peppers in a baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until peppers are softened to your liking.
Optional: Serve with guacamole.