This is a great recipe from George Stella’s Low-Carb Essentials cookbook. It has 145 Calories, 9.5 g Fat, 6 g Protein, 5.5 g Net Carbs. Serves: 4. It is one my favorite green bean recipes.
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1-1/2 pounds green beans, ends snapped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt (or salt substitute)
- ADD bacon to a medium pot over medium high heat.
- SAUTE bacon until nearly crisp. Add onion and continuing sauteing until bacon is crisp and onion is translucent.
- ADD all remaining ingredients to the pot and stir.
- BRING up to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover.
- LET simmer for 1 hour, stirring every 20 minutes. Beans should be extremely tender.
- SEASON with salt to taste before serving.