This is a delicious recipe I adapted from http://www.ketodelivered.com. It has 6 servings and 2.8 g. net carbs per serving.
- 2 jalapenos (the actual recipe calls for 4 but I found 2 to be plenty)
- 3 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken (I used the majority of the chicken)
- 1/4 cup ranch
- 10 slices bacon
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 cup crumbled cauliflower
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Chop bacon, chicken, green pepper and 2 jalapenos.
- In a pan, cook bacon pieces until crisp, then add cauliflower, green pepper and jalapenos. Stir occasionally.
- Once soft, add all other ingredients (except cheddar cheese) and mix together well.
- Spread mixture on the bottom of a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Grate cheddar cheese and sprinkle over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheddar is melted and starting to crisp.
This is a simple low carb meal and very good. It comes from http://www.alldayidreamaboutfood.com. It serves 6-8. Total net carbs per serving: 7.79 g.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 2.5-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 15-ounce can low sugar tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until shimmering and hot. Sprinkle chicken all over with salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs to pan and brown both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer thighs to a large 9×13 casserole dish and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle with artichoke hearts and black olives.
- Pour tomato sauce over top and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Turn oven to broil and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, to lightly brown cheese on top.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil.
A tasty recipe I adapted from http://www.lowcarbzen.com. Nutritional info: Calories 616, Carbs 9.74, Fiber 3.376, Protein 39.73, Net carbs 6.4. (Serving size: 1/6 of casserole.)
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 16 oz. frozen cauliflower (1 bag)
- 10 oz. box frozen spinach
- 2 tsp. beef broth base (optional but adds a nice dimension to the flavor)
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. minced, dried onions
- 1 tbsp. liquid smoke (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed pork rinds (about 1 cup)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (1 pkg)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Gather your ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook up your hamburger. Add in the broth base, the liquid smoke, garlic and onions to cook with the hamburger.
- Cook spinach in the microwave. Drain well.
- Add spinach to browned hamburger. Mix.
- Cook the cauliflower. You can cook however you want, but I cooked it in the microwave. Put on paper towels to dry.
- Put cauliflower in casserole dish.
- Melt cream cheese and 2/3 of the shredded cheeses with the 1/2 cup heavy cream over medium low heat. Be careful not to burn, stirring regularly.
- Put hamburger mix in casserole dish with the cauliflower. Mix well.
- Dump melted cheese mixture over the hamburger, spinach and cauliflower. Mix well.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake about 10 minutes. Add crushed pork rinds mixed with seasoning if using.
- Bake another 15 minutes for a total of about 25 minutes, until browned around the edges and bubbly.
This recipe I have made numerous times so definitely “blog worthy,” at least in my opinion. It comes from lowcarbzen.com. The recipe (without changes) serves 6 and contains 2 net carbs per serving. Below is my adapted version:
- 1-1/2 lbs. chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or 1 tb chicken base with water) (I use around 1/4 cup chicken broth)
- 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies (drained)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup pepperjack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Options to include: sliced olives, jalapenos, cumin (remember to add before cheese)
- Add chicken breasts, stock and garlic to skillet.
- Cook chicken in the stock over medium heat until cooked through and tender.
- Shred the chicken into the casserole dish (9×13), discarding any remaining stock.
- Mix in drained can of tomatoes and green chilies (and/or sliced olives, jalapeno, cumin)
- Dot the chicken/tomatoe mix with little bits of cream cheese.
- Cover with shredded pepperjack cheese.
- Cover with shredded monterey jack cheese.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes, until brown around the edges.
Serve. (We look to top off with a little dollop of sour cream.)
Yum, yum! This is a great recipe my whole family loved from http://www.genaw.com. It makes 8 servings (unless you are my family and it makes 4-6 servings). Each serving has 3 net carbs. I will give the directions for chicken breasts and chicken thighs. I used chicken thighs.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts, flattened (or 8 thighs)
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded divided
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
INSTRUCTIONS (for chicken breasts):
- Season the chicken (salt, pepper and garlic powder). Brown in hot oil. Set aside.
- Brown the sausage and celery. Drain and cool slightly.
- Heat the oven to 350. Spray a 9×13″ baking pan and put the mushrooms in the bottom.
- In a bowl, mix the sausage, cream cheese, 4 ounces cheddar cheese and the parsley. Spoon this mixture over the mushrooms and smooth with a spoon. Place the chicken on top. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover. Top with the rest of cheese. Bake 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned and the chicken is cooked.
- To serve, put the chicken on a plate cheese side up. Spoon the mushroom mixture over the top.
INSTRUCTIONS (for chicken thighs):
- Heat the oven to 425. Spray a 9×13″ baking pan and put the thighs in the pan. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and drain grease.
- Brown the sausage and celery, drain. Mix in the cream cheese, mushrooms and parsley. Spread in the bottom of the baking pan. Top with thighs.
- Bake another 30 minutes or so, uncovered, until the chicken is done.
This is a yummy recipe I adapted from lowcarbfamily.com. The recipe states it serves 8 and has 3 net carbs per serving.
- 4-5 cups cooked chicken, cubed (small) (great with rotisserie chicken too)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons fried onions (optional)
- STEAM broccoli in the microwave 2-3 minutes. If you like the broccoli crunchy, skip this step.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray. Place chicken and broccoli in a large mixing bowl.
- Saute onion in olive oil with salt and pepper. When onion is soft and slightly brown (about 3-5 minutes), add cream cheese to saute pan. When cream cheese is melted, whisk in chicken broth until the mixture is smooth. Allow to simmer for about a minute, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add cream cheese and onion mixture to chicken and broccoli. Mix well. Add 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese and mix again. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread evenly in baking pan. Add remaining 3/4 cup cheese and fried onions on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.
This is another George Stella keeper. The first time I made it, I used chicken. Tonight I used turkey ham (yes, there is such a thing). Both times were fabulous! Net carbs: 3g.
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped (small)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cooked cubed chicken (or ham)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 ounces cooked bacon, chopped
- PLACE the rack in the center position and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×9-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. (I don’t have a 9×9 so I use my 9×13.) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- COOK the cauliflower and broccoli in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, or until crisp yet tender. Drain well; pat between layers of paper towels to dry, and transfer to the prepared baking dish, along with the cooked chicken (or ham).
- BRING the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- STIR in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and whisk for just a minute until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and pour over the ingredients in the casserole dish.
- SPRINKLE the cooked bacon over all, top with the remaining 1/2 cup if Cheddar, and bake for 15 minutes, or until browned and bubbling. Let cool for 5 minted before serving.