This smoothie recipe is from Atkins. It has 8.1 net carbs so not something you want to drink every day. It is Phase 2 if you are doing the Atkins plan. It is truly more of a dessert. If you are craving chocolate and peanut butter, you will love this.
- 1 cup Coconut Milk Unsweetened
- 1 tbsps Natural Creamy Peanut Butter (I use Peter Pan)
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1 scoop Chocolate Whey Protein
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 pinch Stevia (or Xylitol)
- 1/16 tsp Salt
- For this recipe, unsweetened coconut, almond or soy milk may be used. Combine the ice, milk of choice, peanut butter, protein powder, cocoa powder, Stevia (or Xylitol) and salt (to taste) in a blender. Blend until smooth.
This sugar-free recipe I found on http://www.lookoutstomach.blogspot.com. Yum! The only carb (less than one) is the whipping cream which is optional.
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 packets Splenda (6 tsps)
- whipped cream
- Boil water and tea bags for a couple of minutes.
- Turn to simmer and add heavy cream, extra water and Splenda to pan.
- Cook until cream mixture is heated (1 minute).
- Pour into cup and top with whipped cream (optional). I also sprinkled a little cinnamon on top.
This recipe comes from http://www.intoxicatedonlife.com. Prep Time: 20 minutes. I do not know the carb count but it looks to be at zero or 1. This recipe makes about 3 servings in my opinion.
- 1/2 pint heavy cream (1 cup)
- 2 eggs (yolks and whites divided)
- 1/4 cup xylitol
- 1/4 teaspoon pure stevia extract
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- dash of cloves
- dash of cinnamon
- Using a mixer, beat eggs yolks until they lighten in color.
- Add the xylitol, stevia, cream, nutmeg, vanilla, cloves and cinnamon. Beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Whisk egg whites into cream mixture.
- Chill, enjoy and know that this is what eggnog is supposed to taste like!
**If you are concerned about raw eggs, this recipe is not for you. I find that the longer this recipe chills in the refrigerator, the thicker it gets. If it chills for several hours, the consistency is too thick.
This recipe comes from George Stella.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/3 cup club soda
- 1/3 cup Fresca brand soda
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, optional, for garnish
Pour the ingredients in a glass over ice and serve garnished with a lime wedge on the rim. Not only does the recipe taste great, it is 0 carbs. Woohoo!