This is another George Stella keeper. The first time I made it, I used chicken. Tonight I used turkey ham (yes, there is such a thing). Both times were fabulous! Net carbs: 3g.
- 1 large head cauliflower, chopped (small)
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cooked cubed chicken (or ham)
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, sliced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 ounces cooked bacon, chopped
- PLACE the rack in the center position and preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9×9-inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. (I don’t have a 9×9 so I use my 9×13.) Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- COOK the cauliflower and broccoli in the boiling water for about 5 minutes, or until crisp yet tender. Drain well; pat between layers of paper towels to dry, and transfer to the prepared baking dish, along with the cooked chicken (or ham).
- BRING the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan, and whisk in the cream cheese, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- STIR in 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and whisk for just a minute until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and pour over the ingredients in the casserole dish.
- SPRINKLE the cooked bacon over all, top with the remaining 1/2 cup if Cheddar, and bake for 15 minutes, or until browned and bubbling. Let cool for 5 minted before serving.