This is probably not a new recipe for some of you, but for me — an amateur cook — it is a new winner. It is a rather expensive meal so not part of my weekly or even monthly menu routine, but will be great for holidays. I took this one from Allrecipes.com. Servings per recipe: 6; net carbs per serving 0.5 (woohoo)!! For those of us who love horseradish, this is definitely a recipe for this condiment. Be aware: Cook time is 5 hours.
- (5 pound) standing beef rib roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ALLOW roast to stand at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- PREHEAT the oven to 375 degrees F. Combine the salt, pepper and garlic powder in a small cup. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan so that the fatty side is up and the rib side is on the bottom. Rub the seasoning onto the roast.
- ROAST for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Turn the oven off and leave the roast inside. Do not open the door!!!! Leave it in there for 3 hours. 30 to 40 minutes before serving, turn the oven back on at 375 degrees to reheat the roast. The internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before carving into servings.