This is my own recipe. I’m sure everyone has their own way to hard boil eggs, but I like Martha Stewart’s recipe. Just a quick summary of her recipe: (1) cover six eggs with cold water in a pan, cover and boil water; (2) as soon as water boils, remove from heat and let sit, covered, for 12 minutes; (3) remove eggs and put in an ice bath for 2 minutes; and (4) remove and peel.
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar (or 1 teaspoon if using regular mustard)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or salt substitute
- pepper, to taste
- cajun spice, to taste (optional)
- SLICE the eggs in half, and carefully remove the yolks into a mixing bowl.
- MASH the yolks with a fork. Stir in the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and cajun spice, and mix until creamy.
- SPOON the mixture back into the hollows in the egg whites. Sprinkle with a little paprika for color.
Each egg half has less than 1 net carb each. ♥