This is a recipe I adapted from George Stella. You can use any chicken pieces that you want for this recipe (I used thighs), as well as any combination of fresh herbs. I added sliced yellow squash to the roasting pan in the last 40 minutes. Net carbs: 1 g.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 8 pieces of chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees and spray a roasting pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- PLACE the chicken pieces evenly throughout the pan and sprinkle all herbs and seasonings over top of each piece.
- DRIZZLE lemon juice over the chicken and then cover pan with aluminum foil. Bake 1 hour.
- UNCOVER and baste with the drippings from the pan. Continue baking uncovered 1 additional hour (add yellow squash after cooking 20 minutes). The chicken should be browned and falling off the bones. Optional: serve garnished with additional chopped parsley.