This is an adapted recipe from http://www.asweetlife.org. It makes around 10 lettuce wraps and has 1.48 grams of carbs.
- 12 slices bacon
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, leaves separated and washed
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Hot sauce, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon to desired crispness. Remove and let drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Add mushrooms to pan and saute until browned and tender, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Saute until beef is cooked through, about 10 minutes, breaking up chunks with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Spoon ground beef into lettuce leaves, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and top with bacon and mushrooms.