This is a yummy recipe I adapted from lowcarbfamily.com. The recipe states it serves 8 and has 3 net carbs per serving.
- 4-5 cups cooked chicken, cubed (small) (great with rotisserie chicken too)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-1/2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons fried onions (optional)
- STEAM broccoli in the microwave 2-3 minutes. If you like the broccoli crunchy, skip this step.
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9×13 pan with non-stick spray. Place chicken and broccoli in a large mixing bowl.
- Saute onion in olive oil with salt and pepper. When onion is soft and slightly brown (about 3-5 minutes), add cream cheese to saute pan. When cream cheese is melted, whisk in chicken broth until the mixture is smooth. Allow to simmer for about a minute, or until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add cream cheese and onion mixture to chicken and broccoli. Mix well. Add 3/4 cup of the shredded cheese and mix again. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread evenly in baking pan. Add remaining 3/4 cup cheese and fried onions on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbling.