This is a quick and easy recipe from the “Wheat Belly” cookbook. Prep time: 10 minutes. Total time: 20 minutes. Makes 4 servings (although I would say closer to 3). Total net carbs: 1 per serving.
- 1/2 cup pecan meal or ground pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free maple-flavored syrup
- 1 pound chicken cutlets
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, combine the pecan meal or ground pecans and the salt.
- In a separate shallow bowl or pie plate, combine the 2 tablespoons melted butter and the syrup.
- Dip each cutlet into the butter mixture, evenly coating both sides.
- Dredge in the pecan mixture, pressing lightly to coat both sides.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon butter and the oil until hot.
- Cook the chicken for 8 minutes, turning once, or until the chicken is no longer pink, and the juices run clear.
(While these are tasty by themselves, if you are a ranch dressing addict like me, then these are also great for dipping!)