This recipe I have made numerous times so definitely “blog worthy,” at least in my opinion. It comes from lowcarbzen.com. The recipe (without changes) serves 6 and contains 2 net carbs per serving. Below is my adapted version:
- 1-1/2 lbs. chicken breast
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chicken stock (or 1 tb chicken base with water) (I use around 1/4 cup chicken broth)
- 10 ounce can tomatoes with green chilies (drained)
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup pepperjack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Options to include: sliced olives, jalapenos, cumin (remember to add before cheese)
- Add chicken breasts, stock and garlic to skillet.
- Cook chicken in the stock over medium heat until cooked through and tender.
- Shred the chicken into the casserole dish (9×13), discarding any remaining stock.
- Mix in drained can of tomatoes and green chilies (and/or sliced olives, jalapeno, cumin)
- Dot the chicken/tomatoe mix with little bits of cream cheese.
- Cover with shredded pepperjack cheese.
- Cover with shredded monterey jack cheese.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes, until brown around the edges.
Serve. (We look to top off with a little dollop of sour cream.)