We love burgers! Here is another good one. It comes from civilizedcavemancooking.com. It makes approximate 4 burgers and I have not calculated the carb count for people counting carbs but as you can see by the ingredients below, it is very low.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 avocados, ripe
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped NO OIL (I only use 1/3 as I am not a huge fan of sun-dried tomatoes. Also, it can be difficult to find the tomatoes without oil so if they have oil, I will rinse them.)
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon (I cut this amount down some too because it makes the burgers a little to lemony if not)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons sea salt (I also cut this down in half)
- Bacon fat (optional)
- Preheat your grill (or skillet) to medium-medium high heat.
- Put your ground beef in a large mixing bowl and add black pepper, half of your sea salt and the zest of one lemon.
- Mix well and then using your hands form into thin patties all the same size (you need them thin because you will be using two of them to make one patty).
- In another mixing bowl combine avocados, sun-dried tomatoes, lemon juice and the other half of sea salt.
- Mash the avocado and mix ingredients well to get as smooth as you like.
- Place your avocado mixture on the bottom of half of the burgers, ensuring you leave room to seal the burgers without it leaking out.
- Put your other patty over the top of your mixture and pinch the edges of your burgers together to seal all the way around.
- Now grill to your liking. It normally takes about 6 to 8 minutes per side. Ensure you cook evenly on both sides of the burger or you will end up with an undercooked and an overcooked side.
- While grilling, you may want to drizzle your burger with a little bacon grease for flavor. You may also want to add cheese slices before removing from grill or skillet.
- When done grilling, allow your burgers to rest for 10 minutes and then serve. You can use the rest of your avocado mixture, if any, to top your burgers with.