This is a great, healthy low carb recipe based on the ingredients, but I do not have the carb count for this one. This recipe is great just as a meal or with a green salad. The recipe comes from alt.support.diet.low-carb, although I have made a few changes.
- 4 cups cooked chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from Fry’s)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. prepared mustard (I used spicy Dijon)
- 1 tsp. salt (or salt substitute)
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. onion pepper (I did not have so I used garlic pepper)
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt
- 1/8 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 cup slivered almost, toasted (I forgot to toast, but it was still great)
- In a large bowl combine chicken, celery, onions and eggs.
- In another bowl, combine the next 9 ingredients; stir until smooth. Pour over chicken mixture and toss gently.
- Stir in almonds and serve immediately, or refrigerate and add almonds right before serving.