I’ve made this recipe several times and it is a definite keeper (from buttoni.wordpress.com). It is a great dessert for the summer time. This recipe makes 8 servings and has approximately 6.9 net carbs but it depends on which fruit topping you use. I made one of these pizzas with strawberries and one with peaches. It would also be great with blueberries or raspberries (or a combination). The crust is made the day before because you need it to sit in the fridge overnight.
INGREDIENTS FOR CRUST:
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup Splenda
- 2 1/2 tablespoons low carb mix or almond flour (or 1 tablespoon coconut flour)
- 2 egg whites lightly beaten with a whisk until frothy
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free syrup (like DaVinci or Torani)
- 3 oz. softened cream cheese (optional)
- 1 pint fruit
- Line a pizza pan with foil. Grease a 9-10″ circle with butter.
- Combine all crust ingredients in a bowl and stir well. Using fingers, spread and press firmly the coconut crust mixture into a 9-10″ circle on a greased sheet pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- The day before you want to serve, place crust on flat cake plate.
- Whip cream with a splash of vanilla and sweetener of your choice. (I used cinnamon vanilla once and french vanilla the other times.) Also add a dusting of glucomannan powder to the whip cream to firm it up. If doing the variation with cream cheese, add it at this point and stir well.
- Spread the whipped cream mixture evenly over coconut crust and top with fruit.
- Chill for an hour and then cut into 8 wedges and serve.