A tasty recipe I adapted from http://www.lowcarbzen.com. Nutritional info: Calories 616, Carbs 9.74, Fiber 3.376, Protein 39.73, Net carbs 6.4. (Serving size: 1/6 of casserole.)
- 1 lb. hamburger
- 16 oz. frozen cauliflower (1 bag)
- 10 oz. box frozen spinach
- 2 tsp. beef broth base (optional but adds a nice dimension to the flavor)
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. minced, dried onions
- 1 tbsp. liquid smoke (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Crushed pork rinds (about 1 cup)
- 8 oz. cream cheese (1 pkg)
- 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Gather your ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook up your hamburger. Add in the broth base, the liquid smoke, garlic and onions to cook with the hamburger.
- Cook spinach in the microwave. Drain well.
- Add spinach to browned hamburger. Mix.
- Cook the cauliflower. You can cook however you want, but I cooked it in the microwave. Put on paper towels to dry.
- Put cauliflower in casserole dish.
- Melt cream cheese and 2/3 of the shredded cheeses with the 1/2 cup heavy cream over medium low heat. Be careful not to burn, stirring regularly.
- Put hamburger mix in casserole dish with the cauliflower. Mix well.
- Dump melted cheese mixture over the hamburger, spinach and cauliflower. Mix well.
- Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake about 10 minutes. Add crushed pork rinds mixed with seasoning if using.
- Bake another 15 minutes for a total of about 25 minutes, until browned around the edges and bubbly.