This is a simple low carb meal and very good. It comes from http://www.alldayidreamaboutfood.com. It serves 6-8. Total net carbs per serving: 7.79 g.
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 10 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 2.5-ounce can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 15-ounce can low sugar tomato sauce
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat until shimmering and hot. Sprinkle chicken all over with salt and pepper. Add chicken thighs to pan and brown both sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer thighs to a large 9×13 casserole dish and arrange in a single layer. Sprinkle with artichoke hearts and black olives.
- Pour tomato sauce over top and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Turn oven to broil and cook another 2 to 3 minutes, to lightly brown cheese on top.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil.