Another great recipe from http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com. This crock pot recipe serves 10 and has 2 g. net carbs per serving.
- 2.5 – 3 lb. boneless chuck roast
- 1/2 cup salsa verde
- 1/2 cup canned chopped green chilis
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. dried onion flakes
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 cup red and yellow peppers cut into strips
- 1 tsp. salt (or salt substitute)
- 2 tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tbsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. chili powder (or a little more if you like it spicy like me)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Generously season the roast with salt and pepper. Sear in a hot pan until browned on all sides. Place the meat in the bottom of a 5 qt. crock pot (slow cooker).
- Add the salsa verde, chilis and tomatoes to the pan you seared the meat in. Deglaze and bring to a boil. Pour over the meat in the crock pot. Add the onion flakes, garlic, peppers, salt, cumin, coriander, oregano, chili powder, black pepper and apple cider vinegar and stir.
- Cook for 4 hrs. on high or 6 hrs. on low (or until the meat is tender). Shred the meat and serve with your choice of toppings.