Another great recipe from my favorite chef, George Stella. This is from his Real Food, Real Easy cookbook. I made this recently for Super Bowl. The recipe yields 12 skins and serves 6. They have 3.5 net carbs per serving.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 small to medium yellow squash
- salt and pepper
- onion powder
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut ends off yellow squash, then cut each in half lengthwise. Scoop out some of the squash’s center. Place the halves cut side up on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle squash liberally with salt, pepper and onion powder. Next, top each with an even amount of the Cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and squash has a little bit of give to the touch. Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream and a sprinkling of sliced green onion.