This is a great recipe from Dana Carpenter’s 300 Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes cookbook. It yields six generous servings, each serving with 7 net carbs. I have made it several times and froze whatever I didn’t use.
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounce) tomatoes with green chilies
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 envelope (1-1/4 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can black soybeans
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- Put the beef, tomatoes, onion and chili powder in your slow cooker. Cover the slow cooker, set it to low and let it cook for 8 to 9 hours.
- Stir in the taco seasoning and soybeans. Re-cover the slow cooker, turn it to high and let it cook for another 20 minutes. Place a dollop of sour cream on each serving.