This is an amazing recipe from George Stella.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce, divided (make sure no added sugar or corn syrup)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 350°, and ready a nonstick 9×5-inch loaf pan for baking. (Or spray a regular loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.)
- IN a large bowl, mix the ground beef, 1 cup of the marinara sauce, diced red onion, eggs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper. (This is easiest done with your hands.)
- EVENLY fill loaf pan with the meatloaf mixture, patting with your hands to form an even top. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- REMOVE loaf from oven and spread with remaining 1/2 cup of marinara sauce, and then the mozzarella cheese over the top. Return to oven and bake an additional 30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer registers 165°. Drain fat from pan and let rest 10 minutes before cutting into 8 equal slices.
This recipe has 6.5 net carbs per serving.