This is another great recipe from djfoodie.com. While D.J. used his own low-carb bread recipe, I cheated and used Chompie’s low-carb bread. These came out great! Servings total 12, and there are .96 grams of net carbs (using D.J.’s low-carb bread). I think it would be very close to the same carb count using Chompie’s. I added these little cubes of deliciousness on Chicken Caesar salad (another djfoodie.com recipe that I will be adding to my blog).
- 1/4 cup butter (half a stick)
- 4 each garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups low-carb bread, cut into cubes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Over medium-low heat, melt the butter in a saute pan. While the butter is still melting, add the minced garlic.
- Add the bread and saute, seasoning with a little salt and pepper.
- Saute until the bread is nice and golden brown.
- Once they are golden brown and cooked to the desired doneness, remove them from the heat and spread them on paper towels. Spread them evenly, so they don’t steam one another.
- Let them cool completely, before using or packaging.