This yummy recipe comes from http://www.alldayidreamaboutfood.com. This recipe contains approximately 4 net carbs per serving (5 servings total).
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack, cheddar or combo (I also have used colby jack)
- 1 can diced green chiles (I add both chiles and jalapenos)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I have also used plain greek yogurt)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup pork rinds (I usually use 3/4 or 1 cup)
- 1-1/2 tbsp chili powder (I find only 1/2 tbsp or 3/4 tbsp chili powder to be plenty)
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Spray a 9×13 inch glass baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
- Stir cream cheese, shredded cheese, chiles (and jalapenos), garlic, cilantro and salt and pepper together until well combined.
- Pound chicken breasts between layers of plastic wrap to an even 1/4 inch thickness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Starting at the wider end of each chicken breast, spread 2 tablespoons of cheese mixture about halfway down the breast. Roll each breast up tightly from the wider end towards the narrower end. You may end up with some filling left over, set it aside.
- Place each roll, seam side down, in prepared baking dish. Make sure that the rolls are not touching, they need space to cook through evenly. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until filling is firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Mix any leftover filling with yogurt and lime juice and spread over the top and sides of each chicken breast.
- Combine breadcrumbs and chili powder, and sprinkle over top and sides of each breast, pressing lightly with a spoon to make sure they stick. Drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake in the middle position of oven 35-40 minutes, or until center of chicken roll reaches 160F.