This is a great crockpot recipe from http://www.thesweetslife.com. I have calculated it at 4 servings and around 4 net carbs per serving.
- 3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 16 oz. low sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup hot wing sauce
- large lettuce leaves (Bibb or iceberg)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 2 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
- blue cheese, for serving
- ranch dressing, for serving
- Combine the chicken, onions, celery stalk (1), garlic and broth in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the reserved broth and the hot sauce. Cook on high for an additional 30 minutes (or just keep on warm for another hour or two).
- Serve chicken on lettuce cups, topped with buffalo chicken, shredded carrots, chopped celery, blue cheese and ranch dressing, if desired.