This is my favorite alfredo sauce and comes from http://www.genaw.com. It makes approximately 6 servings and contains around 2 net carbs per serving.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces freshly grated parmesan cheese (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- pinch of fresh parsley, minced, optional
- In a medium sauce pan or nonstick skillet, heat the cream cheese on medium-low heat, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Gradually blend in the cream until smooth. (I used a whisk)
- Stir in the parmesan and seasonings.
- Cook and stir over low heat until smooth and creamy, thinning with water until thick but pourable.
- Serve over chicken, vegetables or other dishes.
DO NOT FREEZE