Yum, yum! This is a great recipe my whole family loved from http://www.genaw.com. It makes 8 servings (unless you are my family and it makes 4-6 servings). Each serving has 3 net carbs. I will give the directions for chicken breasts and chicken thighs. I used chicken thighs.
- 8 boneless chicken breasts, flattened (or 8 thighs)
- salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 pound pork sausage
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded divided
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
INSTRUCTIONS (for chicken breasts):
- Season the chicken (salt, pepper and garlic powder). Brown in hot oil. Set aside.
- Brown the sausage and celery. Drain and cool slightly.
- Heat the oven to 350. Spray a 9×13″ baking pan and put the mushrooms in the bottom.
- In a bowl, mix the sausage, cream cheese, 4 ounces cheddar cheese and the parsley. Spoon this mixture over the mushrooms and smooth with a spoon. Place the chicken on top. Cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover. Top with the rest of cheese. Bake 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned and the chicken is cooked.
- To serve, put the chicken on a plate cheese side up. Spoon the mushroom mixture over the top.
INSTRUCTIONS (for chicken thighs):
- Heat the oven to 425. Spray a 9×13″ baking pan and put the thighs in the pan. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Bake, uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from pan and drain grease.
- Brown the sausage and celery, drain. Mix in the cream cheese, mushrooms and parsley. Spread in the bottom of the baking pan. Top with thighs.
- Bake another 30 minutes or so, uncovered, until the chicken is done.