This recipe from http://www.genaw.com has become one of our favorites. It is very easy to make and about 3 net carbs per serving (depending on toppings).
- 1 boneless chicken breast (about 5 1/2 ounce)
- Dash Italian seasoning
- Dash garlic powder
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 1/2 ounce pepperoni (8 thin slices)
- 1/2 large fresh mushroom, sliced thin (1/2 ounce)
- 1 ounce Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 ounce mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green pepper, minced (1/2 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon red onion, minced (1/4 ounce)
- Pound the chicken as thin as possible without tearing it.
- Season both sides of the chicken with the seasonings and place it on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Spread the pizza sauce on the top of the chicken.
- Arrange the remaining topping ingredients in this order: pepperoni, mushrooms, sausage, cheese, peppers and then the onions.
- Lightly sprinkle with a little more Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Do not overcook.
Makes 1 serving.