Another recommended recipe from my friend Jana. It comes from http://www.tasteofhome.com. I’m not a big soup person but I love this recipe. There are 6 net carbs in 1-1/4 cups. Enjoy!!
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets (about 14 ounces)
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound bacon strips, cooked and crumbled (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine cauliflower, broth, water and garlic; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Add sausage and mushrooms to cauliflower mixture; return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Stir in cream and pepper; heat through. Serve with bacon (optional). Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 quarts).