This is a great recipe that my friend Jana turned me on to. I located it at http://www.fifteenspatulas.com and made some adjustments. The recipe yields 2-4 servings.
- 2 lbs. chicken wing pieces
- garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Heat up a big pot of boiling water. Season the water like you would for cooking pasta (taste the water, it should taste a little repulsively salty, like sea water).
- Boil the chicken wings for 7-8 minutes, then remove them to a wire rack so the excess water can drain off. Let them drip dry a little bit, then dry them well with a paper towel.
- Place the chicken wings directly on a sheet pan. (I use parchment paper on the pan.) Bake the chicken wings for 25-30 minutes on one side, then flip the wings and bake for another 5 minutes on the other side. The wings should have crispy crackly golden skin on the side that was in contact with the sheet pan.
Options: I mix ranch dressing and wing sauce to dip my wings in. I also made these with parmesan cheese. I put the parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder into my food processor and then just rolled my wings in the mix before baking. D’lish!