I found this recipe at http://www.aboutamom.com. The carb count is not available but based on the ingredients, it is very low.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 32 oz. chicken stock
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 medium yellow pepper, diced
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 (8 oz.) package McCormick Taco with Chipotle & Garlic Skillet Sauce (I could not locate this sauce so I used 6 oz. tomato paste, paprika and chipotle chili powder)
- 1 tbs. season salt
- 2 tbs. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Except for the fresh cilantro, add all ingredients to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the chicken breasts. Gently stir in fresh cilantro, cover, and continue cooking for an additional hour.
This recipe makes a lot of soup, about 14 cups. I topped off with a little sour cream.